Senator Jesse Hamilton has partnered with Brooklyn Housing and Family Services (BHFS) to provide free housing services to residents. Counselors will help families and individuals improve their housing conditions and meet the responsibilities of tenancy and homeownership.
What services does the clinic provide?
Counselors will provide answers to your rights as a tenant, and explain your options for dealing with a housing situation.
Common questions relate to:
- getting repairs from negligent landlords
- getting adequate heat in the winter months
- dealing with the threat of eviction
- questions about leases and lease renewals
- legal rent increases for rent-regulated apartments
*By Appointment Only* – To make an appointment, click here.
Monday and Thursday
1:30 PM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday and Wednesday
10:00 AM to 1:30 PM
Office of Senator Jesse Hamilton
1669 Bedford Avenue, 2nd Floor & Mezzanine, Brooklyn, NY